Reputed Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Sevilla have reached an agreement to sign Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta BC.
The 32-year-old midfielder fell out with manager Gian Piero Gasperini last month and he has since been linked with an exit.
The likes of Juventus, Inter and AC Milan were credited with an interest, but it is Sevilla, who have finalised a deal for his services.
Earlier today, it was reported that the clubs had agreed on a transfer package, but negotiations were still going on regarding the payment structure.
Romano has now revealed that Sevilla will pay an initial fee of around €5.5m for the experienced playmaker with the remaining €3m to be settled in add-ons.
The Argentine will make the trip to Seville tomorrow for the necessary medical tests before putting pen-to-paper on a long-term contract until June 2024.
Gomez has parted ways with Atalanta after six and a half seasons where he registered 59 goals and 71 assists from 252 appearances across all competitions.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?
- Serie A title predictions and weekend preview; Sergej Milinkovic-Savic destined for Premier League move
- Which Serie A team will still be in European football by end of March?
- Serie A clubs in European Football – Wednesday & Thursday Preview
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Serie A
- Serie A Preview & Predictions: January 22, 2022
- Julian Alvarez’s Agent Set to Arrive in Italy to Discuss Player’s Move to Serie A – 4 Potential Destinations
- Serie A Preview & Predictions: January 6, 2022
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview