Reputed Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Sevilla have reached an agreement to sign Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta BC.
The 32-year-old midfielder fell out with manager Gian Piero Gasperini last month and he has since been linked with an exit.
The likes of Juventus, Inter and AC Milan were credited with an interest, but it is Sevilla, who have finalised a deal for his services.
Earlier today, it was reported that the clubs had agreed on a transfer package, but negotiations were still going on regarding the payment structure.
Romano has now revealed that Sevilla will pay an initial fee of around €5.5m for the experienced playmaker with the remaining €3m to be settled in add-ons.
The Argentine will make the trip to Seville tomorrow for the necessary medical tests before putting pen-to-paper on a long-term contract until June 2024.
Gomez has parted ways with Atalanta after six and a half seasons where he registered 59 goals and 71 assists from 252 appearances across all competitions.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?
- Serie A title predictions and weekend preview; Sergej Milinkovic-Savic destined for Premier League move
- Which Serie A team will still be in European football by end of March?
- Serie A clubs in European Football – Wednesday & Thursday Preview