Inter manager Antonio Conte has insisted that he is not looking to sign Edin Dzeko from AS Roma before the transfer window closes next week.
The Bosnian has fallen out-of-favour at Roma after a confrontation with manager Paulo Fonseca this month and he is free to pursue a fresh challenge elsewhere.
Inter are among the clubs, who have been credited with an interest and it was recently reported that there could be a straight-swap deal involving Dzeko and Alexis Sanchez.
Speaking in a press conference, Conte has dismissed those claims and emphasised that he is not interested in any move for Dzeko. He added that Sanchez remains contracted to the club and wants him focused on the next game.
“I won’t talk about Edin Dzeko to Inter because he’s Roma player. If there’s some player unhappy here. We’ll be ready to open negotiations. I’m not asking to sign Dzeko, it’s up to the club. Sanchez is our player, I want him to be focused on the next match,” He told, as translated by Fabrizio Romano.
Inter are currently two points adrift of arch-rivals AC Milan, who are top of the Serie A standings. They are scheduled to host Benevento in the league on Sunday evening.
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano