Inter manager Antonio Conte has insisted that he is not looking to sign Edin Dzeko from AS Roma before the transfer window closes next week.
The Bosnian has fallen out-of-favour at Roma after a confrontation with manager Paulo Fonseca this month and he is free to pursue a fresh challenge elsewhere.
Inter are among the clubs, who have been credited with an interest and it was recently reported that there could be a straight-swap deal involving Dzeko and Alexis Sanchez.
Speaking in a press conference, Conte has dismissed those claims and emphasised that he is not interested in any move for Dzeko. He added that Sanchez remains contracted to the club and wants him focused on the next game.
“I won’t talk about Edin Dzeko to Inter because he’s Roma player. If there’s some player unhappy here. We’ll be ready to open negotiations. I’m not asking to sign Dzeko, it’s up to the club. Sanchez is our player, I want him to be focused on the next match,” He told, as translated by Fabrizio Romano.
Inter are currently two points adrift of arch-rivals AC Milan, who are top of the Serie A standings. They are scheduled to host Benevento in the league on Sunday evening.
Latest Serie A News
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media