According to Italian outlet Gianluca di Marzio, Inter are not considering a change of head coach despite the club’s struggles under Antonio Conte since the turn of the year.
The Nerazzurri suffered a blow in their title pursuit before the coronavirus shutdown with successive defeats to Lazio and Juventus and that saw them fall nine points adrift of the top of the table with a game in hand.
Since the restart last month, the San Siro outfit have continued to struggle with their league form and they have accumulated only eight points from their five matches.
As a result, they have dropped from third to fourth on the table and they are now 10 points behind leaders Juventus, who are eyeing a ninth straight Serie A crown.
The club’s inconsistent league form has led to suggestions that Conte could potentially be dismissed from the helm at the end of the season, but Gianluca di Marzio claims that won’t be the case.
Instead, the club and Conte are said to be analysing the current situation and only a disagreement over the sporting project (potential new signings) could see the Italian head for the exit door.
While a title challenge appears difficult at the moment, the Nerazzurri still have plenty to play for in the Europa League, where they are one of the favourites to go on to lift the title.
The club will take on Getafe in a one-legged round of 16 tie next month and a win will see them face either Bayer Leverkusen or Rangers in the quarter-final phase of the competition.
The Nerazzurri will play the remaining part of their Europa League campaign in Germany. The quarter final and semi final stages have also been reduced to one-legged ties by UEFA amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media