According to Italian outlet Gianluca di Marzio, Inter are not considering a change of head coach despite the club’s struggles under Antonio Conte since the turn of the year.
The Nerazzurri suffered a blow in their title pursuit before the coronavirus shutdown with successive defeats to Lazio and Juventus and that saw them fall nine points adrift of the top of the table with a game in hand.
Since the restart last month, the San Siro outfit have continued to struggle with their league form and they have accumulated only eight points from their five matches.
As a result, they have dropped from third to fourth on the table and they are now 10 points behind leaders Juventus, who are eyeing a ninth straight Serie A crown.
The club’s inconsistent league form has led to suggestions that Conte could potentially be dismissed from the helm at the end of the season, but Gianluca di Marzio claims that won’t be the case.
Instead, the club and Conte are said to be analysing the current situation and only a disagreement over the sporting project (potential new signings) could see the Italian head for the exit door.
While a title challenge appears difficult at the moment, the Nerazzurri still have plenty to play for in the Europa League, where they are one of the favourites to go on to lift the title.
The club will take on Getafe in a one-legged round of 16 tie next month and a win will see them face either Bayer Leverkusen or Rangers in the quarter-final phase of the competition.
The Nerazzurri will play the remaining part of their Europa League campaign in Germany. The quarter final and semi final stages have also been reduced to one-legged ties by UEFA amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano