Former AC Milan star Riccardo Montolivo has warned the Rossoneri that Inter will be ready to pounce, should they falter in their title pursuit over the next four months.
Milan have enjoyed an exceptional season in the Serie A and they are currently on 43 points, three ahead of Antonio Conte’s Inter before the weekend round of games.
The Nerazzurri are playing catch-up at the moment as they are also behind on the head-to-head record, but Montolivo believes the club will keep up the pressure on their arch-rivals.
“The numbers of the two teams are similar so far, the path they are on is identical and it is only the points from AC Milan’s win in the derby that are separating them,” He told Sky Sport Italy via FCInter1908.
“AC Milan are a credible side while Inter are a classic Conte team, they are never beaten and they will be there waiting until the end to take advantage of any slip ups.”
Meanwhile, Montolivo drew comparisons between the current Nerazzurri side and Antonio Conte’s first managerial campaign (2011/2012) at Juventus. Back then, the Turin giants reeled in and overhauled the Rossoneri to lift the Scudetto.
Conte has failed to deliver any silverware in his first two seasons with the Nerazzurri, but Montolivo has warned that the 51-year-old is a serial winner and will take advantage of any slip-ups from the Rossoneri in the title race.
“Conte knows how to wait behind you in the table and take advantage of slip ups. When you see Inter play well you think it all comes easily for them, but everything is carefully prepared, the players always know what to do,” He added.
Milan have a potentially tricky game against sixth-placed Atalanta BC on Saturday. Inter, on the other hand, make the trip to Udinese, who are languishing just above the relegation zone at the moment.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media