AS Roma have landed the signature of Henrikh Mkhitaryan on a permanent basis after he mutually agreed to terminate his contract with Premier League club Arsenal.
The Armenia international spent the previous campaign on loan at the Giallorossi and he made a good impression with nine goals and six assists from 27 appearances across all competitions.
Earlier in June, Roma confirmed that they had a preliminary agreement in place to re-sign Mkhitaryan for the 2020/21 campaign and he has now officially rejoined them after his Gunners contract, which was expiring in June 2021, was cancelled by mutual consent.
The Giallorossi are currently owned by Houston-based Freidkin Group, who took control of the club from the main shareholder James Palotta by purchasing 86.6 percent of the stake.
So far, the Serie A outfit have not made any high-profile purchase, but they have signed Carles Perez, Jordan Veretout and Gianluca Mancini on permanent contracts after their loan stints last term.
Similar to Mkhitaryan, Pedro has joined on a free transfer after the expiry of his contract at Chelsea. The experience of the duo could help in the club’s quest to break into the top four next season.
They are currently negotiating the transfer of Arkadiusz Milik from Napoli. The Coppa Italia champions want €20m in cash in addition to Cengiz Under and Alessio Riccardi for the Polish striker.
The Giallorossi are, however, reluctant to pay more than €10m. Should Milik join the club, experienced striker Edin Dzeko could make the move to Juventus, who are eyeing a replacement for the departing Gonzalo Higuain.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?