Atalanta BC have set a non-negotiable price tag for midfielder and club-captain Alejandro Gomez amid the transfer interest from the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Gomez fell out with manager Gian Piero Gasperini during a Champions League group stage game earlier this term, and he has since been fancied to pursue a fresh challenge.
The 32-year-old’s current deal does not expire until the summer of 2022 and SportMediaset via Tuttojuve.com claims that the Bergamo outfit are unlikely to sell him on the cheap.
The club are understood to value Gomez at around £9m and they are reluctant to accept anything less to sanction his departure during the current transfer window.
Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan have all been credited with an interest in the playmaker, who has turned out more than 250 times for Atalanta during his six-year career.
Gomez will turn 33 next month, but he continues to perform at a high level. In fact, he has upped his game since 2016 and has managed a combined 18 goals and assists in each of the previous four seasons.
He has continued the good form this term with five goals and four assists from 16 outings and the majority of those appearances have come from his preferred attacking midfield role.
Gomez is a dead-ball specialist and he has scored a number of stunning long-range goals in recent years. He is also good with his hold-up play and creating chances and should be a quality signing even at 32.
The Argentine’s creativity could come in handy for one of Juventus, Inter or AC Milan as they look to lift the Serie A crown during the backend of the campaign.
It remains to be seen whether any of the above-mentioned clubs are willing to meet the price tag for Papu Gomez this month or wait to sign him for a reduced fee next summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano