Atalanta BC have set a non-negotiable price tag for midfielder and club-captain Alejandro Gomez amid the transfer interest from the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Gomez fell out with manager Gian Piero Gasperini during a Champions League group stage game earlier this term, and he has since been fancied to pursue a fresh challenge.
The 32-year-old’s current deal does not expire until the summer of 2022 and SportMediaset via Tuttojuve.com claims that the Bergamo outfit are unlikely to sell him on the cheap.
The club are understood to value Gomez at around £9m and they are reluctant to accept anything less to sanction his departure during the current transfer window.
Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan have all been credited with an interest in the playmaker, who has turned out more than 250 times for Atalanta during his six-year career.
Gomez will turn 33 next month, but he continues to perform at a high level. In fact, he has upped his game since 2016 and has managed a combined 18 goals and assists in each of the previous four seasons.
He has continued the good form this term with five goals and four assists from 16 outings and the majority of those appearances have come from his preferred attacking midfield role.
Gomez is a dead-ball specialist and he has scored a number of stunning long-range goals in recent years. He is also good with his hold-up play and creating chances and should be a quality signing even at 32.
The Argentine’s creativity could come in handy for one of Juventus, Inter or AC Milan as they look to lift the Serie A crown during the backend of the campaign.
It remains to be seen whether any of the above-mentioned clubs are willing to meet the price tag for Papu Gomez this month or wait to sign him for a reduced fee next summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Italy’s fixtures in the international break
- Serie A’s 2023 Ballon d’Or Nominees
- Manchester United attempting to sign Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat on loan
- Serie A 2023/24 Season Preview: Milan clubs aiming to knock Napoli off their perch
- Serie A in US: Fans await exciting pre-season fixtures
- Romelu Lukaku wants Inter Milan stay, can Chelsea get a fee for him?
- Serie A giants Juventus and AC Milan to participate in Soccer Champions Tour
- Preview: Juventus vs Napoli – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups