Brazilian midfielder Arthur has made it clear that he has no plans of joining Juventus during the next transfer window, Sky Sports News claims.
The 23-year-old’s future has recently been a topic of discussion with suggestions that he could be offered in a swap deal for the Bianconeri’s Miralem Pjanic.
However, that appears unlikely to happen, given Arthur has indicated to both clubs that he has no desire to leave the Camp Nou during the summer.
Furthermore, it is stated that manager Quique Setien continues to value the former Gremio graduate and sees a future for the midfielder with the Catalan giants.
With the coronavirus outbreak, almost every club has been hampered financially and it has been no different for the Blaugrana, who are currently not in a position to spend big on new signings.
As a result, swap deals have been mentioned as a probable alternative to making new purchases, but they would still require the green light from the player heading through the exit door.
With Arthur staying put, the Spanish champions will need to find another player to exchange for Pjanic, who has apparently set his sights on joining the club in the next transfer window.
It was previously claimed that both Pjanic and Mattia De Sciglio could make the switch to the Blaugrana in a straight-exchange deal involving Nelson Semedo.
That was probably more of an exaggeration and it remains to be seen whether the La Liga holders can negotiate some form of agreement to secure Pjanic’s signature.
Latest Serie A News
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?