The 2022 World Cup has started with all the biggest teams in competition for winning football’s biggest prize. Many supporters have made the trip to Qatar while majority of the fans will be enjoying the tournament through 2022 World Cup TV schedule.
Some of the finest footballers from around the world will be action in the prestigious tournament. However, many will still be missing the trip to Qatar either through injury or because they were not selected.
Tammy Abraham was expected to receive a call-up after his impressive performances at Roma but he was overlooked by England manager Gareth Southgate. The 25-year-old will join his teammate Chris Smalling who also failed to make the cut.
Mike Maignan won the 2021-22 Serie A Best Goalkeeper award but the AC Milan star will also miss the prestigious tournament after suffering a calf injury last month. While Maignan was unlucky, his teammate Fikayo Tomori’s exclusion from the Three Lions’ squad is hard to explain because the defender has been impressive in the Serie A.
Meanwhile, Milan Skriniar will also be missing the FIFA World Cup as Slovakia has failed to qualify for the prestigious tournmanet in Qatar. Robin Gosens was not called up by Germany after enduring a few rough years at Inter Milan.
Joaquin Correa managed to earn a place on the plane to Qatar but he was forced to fly back after sustaining an injury before the tournament.
Victor Osimhen will also not be in action as Nigeria failed to qualify for the World Cup.
Another big name missing is Paul Pogba who has yet to play a game for Juventus this season after joining the club in the summer. The former Manchester United star picked up a serious knee injury and so he will not be able to help France defend the title this year.
Latest Serie A News
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media