Sport Italia journalist Alessandro Jacobone has revealed that Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko could make a possible return to AC Milan during this summer’s transfer window.
The France international spent the 2018/19 on loan with the Rossoneri from the Blues and he was an influential figure in the centre of the park where he made 42 appearances in all competitions.
Still, the club missed out on Champions League football by the solitary point in the league and that hampered their transfer plans as they couldn’t afford to trigger the £35.6m buy clause on the midfielder’s contract.
The Rossoneri have since experienced plenty of change at the manager level with Gennaro Gattuso leaving the club last summer while Marco Giampaolo was sacked after a poor run of form during the first half of the current season.
Under Stefano Pioli, the club have made progress to the top half of the table but they appear set to miss out on Champions League football once again with a 12-point deficit to fourth-placed Atalanta with another 12 games to play.
Still, the Rossoneri are likely to remain active during the next transfer window and Jacobone claims that there is the opportunity of Bakayoko reuniting with the San Siro outfit.
The Sport Italia reporter has suggested that the Frenchman’s return to Milan may depend on two conditions. First of all, a move for Bakayoko needs to be given the green light by whoever is the head coach this summer.
Elsewhere, the club are not in a position to afford the transfer package and the midfielder’s arrival could be dependent on whether they can find a suitable buyer for Kessie.
Bakayoko is currently contracted to AS Monaco on a season-long loan, but the Principality outfit are not expected to exercise the option to buy him as they are in a financial turmoil after the abrupt end to the Ligue 1 season because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 25-year-old definitely has the ambition of rejoining the Rossoneri, but it remains to be seen whether the club are prepared to meet the £31m price tag set by Frank Lampard’s side, suppose they express their interest in signing him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano