According to reputed Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, Inter have reached a complete agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of defender Achraf Hakimi.
The Morocco international has been temporarily contracted to Borussia Dortmund on loan over the past two years where he has impressed with 12 goals and 17 assists from 72 appearances.
During this period, the 21-year-old has played in both full-back and wing-back positions for the German outfit and he appears set to have a bright future ahead of him, should he continue to make progress in the positive direction.
Hakimi’s loan deal with Dortmund officially concludes on June 30 and Fabrizio has revealed that his long-term future will thereafter lie with Inter in the Italian top-flight.
The Nerazzurri are understood to have agreed on an initial £36.3m (€40m) fee for the transfer of the Moroccan and they are expected to settle a further £4.55m (€5m) in the form of add-ons.
Meanwhile, it has previously been suggested that Los Blancos could agree on a buy-back clause as part of the transfer agreement, but Fabrizio has refused those claims by insisting that the option was never discussed during the negotiations.
With the move to San Siro, Hakimi should receive regular first-team football and it appears that he could take up the right wing-back position where he is most familiar with from his time at Dortmund.
Antonio Candreva, Danilo D’Ambrosio and Victor Moses have occupied the role under Antonio Conte, who has preferred a 3-5-2 formation this term. Moses is, however, expected to return to parent club Chelsea when his loan contract expires this summer.
On the other hand, Candreva, who has been the regular choice, is a midfielder by trade and he may feature in a more natural position next season with the arrival of Hakimi.
That would mean that D’Ambrosio may act as the immediate back-up option to the Morocco international. Hakimi is scheduled to complete the necessary formalities for his transfer next week.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano
- Alejandro Gomez to sign for Sevilla from Atalanta BC – Fabrizio Romano