Inter Milan have confirmed that midfielder Marcelo Brozovic won’t feature in the club’s Serie A clash against Sampdoria on Sunday after picking up a muscle injury in training.
The Nerazzurri resumed competitive action after the coronavirus shutdown last weekend where they played out a 1-1 draw against Napoli in the second leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final.
That was not sufficient to see them progress to the final after their 1-0 defeat in the first leg. Napoli eventually went on to win the Cup against Juventus on penalties four days later.
Antonio Conte’s side will restart their Serie A season with a home game against Sampdoria on Sunday, but prior to the clash, they have suffered a couple of untimely injury setbacks.
Earlier on Friday, the Nerazzurri confirmed that Stefano Sensi had suffered hamstring injury in training. It has now been revealed that Brozovic will join him on the sidelines after picking up a muscle problem.
The news will definitely frustrate the manager, considering he is already dealing with the unavailability of Uruguayan midfielder Matias Vecino, who is out with a meniscus injury.
Nicolo Barella is expected to take up one of the midfield positions for tomorrow’s game and Conte should call up either Roberto Gagliardini or Borja Valero to accompany the 23-year-old in the centre of the park.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?
- Serie A title predictions and weekend preview; Sergej Milinkovic-Savic destined for Premier League move
- Which Serie A team will still be in European football by end of March?
- Serie A clubs in European Football – Wednesday & Thursday Preview
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Serie A
- Serie A Preview & Predictions: January 22, 2022
- Julian Alvarez’s Agent Set to Arrive in Italy to Discuss Player’s Move to Serie A – 4 Potential Destinations
- Serie A Preview & Predictions: January 6, 2022