According to Gianluca di Marzio, Inter are planning a strategy to extend the loan contract of Alexis Sanchez until the conclusion of their Europa League campaign next month.
The Chile international joined the Nerazzurri on a season-long loan from Manchester United last summer after the Red Devils agreed to pay 60 percent of his staggering £500,000-a-week wages.
Sanchez has experienced an average season which was hampered by an ankle injury during the first half of the campaign, but he has become more influential since the restart after the coronavirus shutdown.
The former Barcelona and Arsenal man has started five league games since the Nerazzurri’s return after the COVID-19 break and he has fared impressively with a tally of two goals and six assists during this period.
Earlier this month, the Red Devils confirmed that they had agreed to prolong Sanchez’s loan deal with Inter until the first week of August which would allow him to finish off the league season and feature in the single-legged Europa League round of 16 tie against Getafe on August 5.
He is scheduled to return to the Red Devils following that game, but manager Antonio Conte is keen on finding an agreement whereby Inter can keep hold of the player’s services until the Europa League final, should they qualify.
While they would require to pay an additional loan fee, the San Siro are also prepared to pay a penalty, suppose they end up meeting United in the final of the European competition. Meanwhile, they are also open to the prospect of negotiating the permanent transfer of Sanchez.
The permanent move, however, may be dependent on United compensating for the player’s wages by paying off a certain sum or agreeing to sanction his sale for a relatively low price.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano
- Alejandro Gomez to sign for Sevilla from Atalanta BC – Fabrizio Romano