According to ESPN, Serie A holders Juventus could be prepared to offer both Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi as makeweights as they look to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba next month.
The France international spent four years with the Bianconeri between 2012 and 2016 before he made the return to Old Trafford for a then world-record fee of around £89m.
Pogba managed 34 goals and 40 assists from 178 outings during his time in Turin and he has a quite similar record with the Red Devils with 34 goals and 35 goals from 180 appearances.
Despite this, he has divided opinion among some fans and pundits with his representative Mino Raiola recently going public stating that he wants to leave the club.
His current deal expires at the end of the 2021/22 season, but so far, there has been no indication that he could put pen-to-paper on a new contract with the Red Devils.
Hence, he has been fancied to head for the exit door and ESPN claims that the Bianconeri could seek to negotiate an exchange deal in January with Dybala and Bernardeschi moving in the opposite direction.
Dybala is currently in a similar contract situation as Pogba and he recently claimed that he had not been offered a new deal by the Bianconeri which has since been refuted by president Andrea Agnelli.
Elsewhere, Bernardeschi has fallen down the selection order under manager Andrea Pirlo this season and he has averaged just 25 minutes per game in his 13 appearances across all competitions.
Despite the speculation, Pogba has continued to remain a regular in the starting lineup for the Red Devils and it will be interesting to see whether the club are tempted by the Bianconeri proposal.
While Bernardeschi may be keen on a move to Old Trafford, it is unknown whether Dybala would fancy the same. He recently expressed his affection for the Serie A holders after netting his first league goal of the season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano
- Alejandro Gomez to sign for Sevilla from Atalanta BC – Fabrizio Romano