Juventus have reportedly joined the likes of Everton and Parma in the race to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee during the current transfer window.
The Bianconeri are on the search for a back-up striker for Alvaro Morata and it has been previously claimed that they could go for an experienced player such as Fernando Llorente.
However, according to Tuttosport via Juventusnews24, they are looking into a deal for Zirkzee, who has played just 392 minutes of first-team football for Bayern this term.
The 19-year-old made his breakthrough with the Bavarian giants last season and he scored two goals within the first eight minutes of Bundesliga football across two appearances.
The youngster thereafter impressed with a goal and an assist between late February and early March when Robert Lewandowski was out injured, but he has since struggled for first-team action.
He has been linked with potential loan moves to Everton and Parma this month. The Bianconeri, on the other hand, appear to be considering a permanent transfer agreement.
Zirkzee may not break instantly into the Bianconeri starting line-up with Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala and Morata being the regular strikers while Dejan Kulusevski has also played up front.
He has, however, a better chance of earning more minutes off the bench for his development with the two-striker partnership unlike at Bayern, where Robert Lewandowski is the sole man leading the line.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?