Juventus have reportedly joined the likes of Everton and Parma in the race to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee during the current transfer window.
The Bianconeri are on the search for a back-up striker for Alvaro Morata and it has been previously claimed that they could go for an experienced player such as Fernando Llorente.
However, according to Tuttosport via Juventusnews24, they are looking into a deal for Zirkzee, who has played just 392 minutes of first-team football for Bayern this term.
The 19-year-old made his breakthrough with the Bavarian giants last season and he scored two goals within the first eight minutes of Bundesliga football across two appearances.
The youngster thereafter impressed with a goal and an assist between late February and early March when Robert Lewandowski was out injured, but he has since struggled for first-team action.
He has been linked with potential loan moves to Everton and Parma this month. The Bianconeri, on the other hand, appear to be considering a permanent transfer agreement.
Zirkzee may not break instantly into the Bianconeri starting line-up with Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala and Morata being the regular strikers while Dejan Kulusevski has also played up front.
He has, however, a better chance of earning more minutes off the bench for his development with the two-striker partnership unlike at Bayern, where Robert Lewandowski is the sole man leading the line.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano
- Alejandro Gomez to sign for Sevilla from Atalanta BC – Fabrizio Romano