According to Le 10 Sport, Serie A holders Juventus are the latest club, who are monitoring the situation of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ahead of this summer’s transfer window.
The Gabon international has only 12 months remaining on his current contract at Arsenal and the lack of progress over an extension has meant that there has been constant speculation regarding his future.
Barcelona and Inter Milan have been linked with the 31-year-old on multiple occasions this year and it appears that they could face potential competition from the Bianconeri for his services.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain have been the main strikers for the Bianconeri this term. However, Higuain has not made much of an impact (only five league goals) and the club may seek to replace him as he enters the final year of his contract.
Bianconeri boss Maurizio Sarri may want a natural striker to replace the Argentine and Aubameyang would fit the requirement, given he has an impressive record of 176 goals from 273 appearances while playing centrally in his career.
He has netted 20 goals from 35 appearances for the Gunners during the course of the current campaign and that is quite impressive, given he has lacked the service in the final third in a number of games.
At Juventus, he would have Dybala and the world class Ronaldo flanking him either side and that should help him to score goals with more regularity than at the north London club.
As thing stand, the Gunners have not given up on extending the forward’s contract, but they don’t have much time left for the negotiations, given the current season has already been elongated due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Aubameyang will have just about 11 months remaining on his contract when the Premier League season concludes and the club could be compelled to sell him, if there is no agreement by then.
At the age of 31, Aubameyang continues to play at the peak of his powers, but he will be aware that he has maximum of three to four years where he can feature at the highest level and win major trophies.
Arsenal, who are currently ninth in the league standings, may not offer him the platform immediately and he could be better served joining the Bianconeri in the quest for regular silverware.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Romelu Lukaku wants Inter Milan stay, can Chelsea get a fee for him?
- Serie A giants Juventus and AC Milan to participate in Soccer Champions Tour
- Preview: Juventus vs Napoli – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?