The representative of Lucas Torreira has confirmed that the Arsenal midfielder would favour a return to the Italian top-flight when the transfer window reopens at the end of the season.
The Uruguay international is presently in his second season with the Gunners since joining them from Sampdoria and he has already made 83 appearances across all competitions.
However, he has been restricted to only 15 starts in the Premier League this term and he was out-of-favour for a starting role under Mikel Arteta before he suffered an ankle fracture at the beginning of March.
“Lucas had been in a bit of a bad mood over some technical differences, then he recovered. And the injury arrived, fortunately less serious than expected,” He told the publication.
“Today he is completely recovered, I believe he will be a market man. I will have to speak to Arsenal. The player would love to return to Italy, but it must be acknowledged that Arsenal treated him very well.”
The 24-year-old was the subject of interest from AC Milan last summer and there was the talk of a reunion with then-manager Marco Giampaolo, who had worked with him at former club Sampdoria.
That clearly did not happen with the Gunners maintaining the midfielder was not for sale but they could consider sanctioning his departure this summer amid his inconsistent displays.
Despite the change in head coach, Milan continue to remain interested in Torreira’s services and a recent report from MilanNews24 has claimed that there could be a straight-swap deal involving the Uruguayan and Franck Kessie.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window
- Will AC Milan Win First Scudetto Since 2010/11?