The representative of Lucas Torreira has confirmed that the Arsenal midfielder would favour a return to the Italian top-flight when the transfer window reopens at the end of the season.
The Uruguay international is presently in his second season with the Gunners since joining them from Sampdoria and he has already made 83 appearances across all competitions.
However, he has been restricted to only 15 starts in the Premier League this term and he was out-of-favour for a starting role under Mikel Arteta before he suffered an ankle fracture at the beginning of March.
“Lucas had been in a bit of a bad mood over some technical differences, then he recovered. And the injury arrived, fortunately less serious than expected,” He told the publication.
“Today he is completely recovered, I believe he will be a market man. I will have to speak to Arsenal. The player would love to return to Italy, but it must be acknowledged that Arsenal treated him very well.”
The 24-year-old was the subject of interest from AC Milan last summer and there was the talk of a reunion with then-manager Marco Giampaolo, who had worked with him at former club Sampdoria.
That clearly did not happen with the Gunners maintaining the midfielder was not for sale but they could consider sanctioning his departure this summer amid his inconsistent displays.
Despite the change in head coach, Milan continue to remain interested in Torreira’s services and a recent report from MilanNews24 has claimed that there could be a straight-swap deal involving the Uruguayan and Franck Kessie.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano