Newcastle United defender Achraf Lazaar has requested the Premier League outfit to terminate his contract amid the interest from AC Milan.
The Morocco international arrived at the Magpies from Palermo in August 2016, but he has since made only 10 appearances for them in all competitions.
The 29-year-old has been on loan with the likes of Benevento, Sheffield Wednesday and Cosenza and he is now keen on a permanent exit.
His current contract expires at the end of June and The Daily Star’s Aaron Stokes has reported that he has asked for his contract to be cancelled.
The Rossoneri are reportedly keen on signing him in order to reinforce the left-back department for the title challenge ahead.
Stefano Pioli’s side recently returned to winning ways in the Serie A with a 2-1 triumph over Bologna away from home.
The victory sees them preserve their slender two-point advantage at the top of the table ahead of arch-rivals Inter.
Latest Serie A News
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?
- Juventus v Barcelona Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & how to stream
- Divock Origi signs for AC Milan – deals for Premier League duo coming next
- Serie A strikes three-year broadcast deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- 2022/23 Serie A pre-season fixtures: When do Milan, Inter, Juventus & Roma return to business?
- Serie A Transfer News Latest – Inter moving full steam ahead in the transfer window