Sevilla are reportedly in advanced negotiations with Atalanta over the permanent signing of their club-captain Alejandro Gomez.
The Argentine fell out with manager Gian Piero Gasperini during a Champions League match against Ajax in December and he has since played just 37 minutes of first-team football.
Gomez still has over 17 months left on his Atalanta contract, but it is quite clear that he is no longer in the plans of Gasperini and is free to leave the Bergamo outfit after six and a half years.
The likes of Juventus, Inter and AC Milan were all linked with Gomez earlier this month, but Sevilla are now deemed favourites to prise away the experienced playmaker.
Sevilla sporting director Monchi is currently in talks with Atalanta president Percassi and Gianluca di Marzio claims that the transfer of Gomez has been held up due to the payment structure.
The Andalusian giants are prepared to meet the asking price of around €8m for the 32-year-old, but the clubs have yet to finalise how much would be paid as a fixed fee and the bonuses to be included.
Gomez will leave Atalanta after 252 appearances to his name across all competitions. He has contributed an impressive tally of 59 goals and 71 assists during this period.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano