AC Milan continued their unbeaten run since the season restart with a comfortable 5-1 win over Bologna at San Siro on Saturday. The victory was their sixth from the previous eight matches and it has put them in a good position to qualify for Europe next term.
Three things we learned after Milan’s recent win:
Excellent attacking form since the restart: The Rossoneri’s prime concern before the coronavirus shutdown was their lack of cutting edge in the final third. They were able to score only 28 goals from 26 top-flight outings. However, since the restart after the COVID-19 break, their form has been simply sensational and they have netted a staggering 25 goals from eight matches, where they have outclassed the likes of Lazio and Juventus away from home.
Rossoneri’s composure and attitude: Earlier this year, the Rossoneri were two goals against arch-rivals Inter Milan at the break, but they lost the plot after the interval as they conceded four goals. On Saturday, they dominated the proceedings against Bologna and went two goals upfront within 25 minutes, but the visitors reduced the deficit before the half-time whistle. In the past, that may have contributed to a negative display in the second half, but that mentality has completely changed as they played on the front foot and scored three more times.
Stefano Pioli making the right decisions: Pioli could be leaving the head coach role this summer, but he is definitely making a huge impression. The 54-year-old has been regularly ringing in the changes in the lineup and has still managed to maintain the club’s performance levels in recent weeks. The club have picked up 20 points from the previous 24 points and that has put them in a good position to claim the final Europa League qualification spot. Still, they can’t afford to get complacent with testing games against Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Atalanta and Cagliari before the season concludes.
Latest Serie A News
- Romelu Lukaku wants Inter Milan stay, can Chelsea get a fee for him?
- Serie A giants Juventus and AC Milan to participate in Soccer Champions Tour
- Preview: Juventus vs Napoli – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Inter Milan vs Juventus – prediction, team news, line-ups
- AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Napoli vs Juventus Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Joao Moutinho set to join Spezia from Orlando City
- Best Serie A Players missing the 2022 World Cup
- The Best Online Streaming Websites to Watch Serie A Games
- Will the Champions League title return to Serie A this season?