AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has expressed his delight after the arrival of Mario Mandzukic on a short-term deal until the end of the campaign.
The Croatian had been a free-agent after his release from Al Duhail in July last year and he has now made the return to the Serie A, where he spent four and a half seasons with Juventus.
The 34-year-old had a decent record with the Bianconeri with 44 goals and 17 assists from 162 appearances and Ibrahimovic believes him and Mandzukic can pose a potent goalscoring threat to the opposition.
“I am very happy. There will be two of us to scare the opponents now. So far we are doing well. We are almost halfway through the league and now the games are starting to be more difficult,” He told Sky Sport Italia.
“It will be a very tough season, but now with Mandzukic and Meite, and I don’t know if others will arrive, we will have more players available for the coach that can rotate in.”
The Rossoneri have exceeded expectations during the first half of the campaign and they are currently top of the standings with a three-point lead and the head-to-head advantage over arch-rivals Inter.
Ibrahimovic has missed part of the campaign due to contracting the coronavirus as well as muscular and calf injuries, but he has still been a huge hit with 12 goals from only eight league games.
During the backend of last season, the 39-year-old Swede joked that the Rossoneri would have won the Scudetto, had he joined the club from the beginning of the campaign.
Considering how things have paved so far, that has become a realistic possibility for the Rossoneri and it remains to be seen whether the club can handle the pressure of leading the title race.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Serie A News
- Juventus vs AC Milan: Serie A Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Sassuolo vs Juventus – Serie A Preview
- ESL has split European teams apart
- Rollercoaster two-legged tie keeps the Italian flag waving in Europe
- Serie A’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Achraf Hakimi may head to the Premier League this summer with Arsenal interested
- Newcastle United defender wants contract terminated amid AC Milan interest
- Juventus in regular contact with Houssem Aouar’s agent regarding summer move
- Antonio Conte reacts to Edin Dzeko to Inter speculation
- Parma to sign Bayern Munich striker Joshua Zirkzee on loan – Fabrizio Romano